Saturday, August 18, 2007

Jackpot - Widow's Walk



I just moved to the south shore of Boston and unfortunately there aren't too many public courses around here. I now live right between the South Shore Country Club in Hingham and Widow's Walk GC in Scituate. Early this morning I ventured out to Widow's Walk and teed off at 6:39am.

What a treat this course is. It's just like Montauk Downs with the strong ocean breezes and course layout but it's much harder. I had to shoot in the mid-90s today. As of now I am still afraid to total the scorecard. Not only was I playing a difficult course for the first time, we were rocked by 35mph winds today. The greens are absolutely some of the best I have ever played on. This is now my home course so I will have plenty more to say about it in the future. But already I am thinking it may in fact be the best course that I have ever played.

To move (blindly) out to a new area and find such a gem is like hitting the jackpot as far as I am concerned. (only $58 with a cart on a weekend!)

No comments: