Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rangefinder = Cheating


At a golf tournament a few weeks ago, the one my jabronis dominated, I was shocked to see that competitors were allowed to use rangefinders in their matches.

When exactly did this rule get liberalized?

I feel like it's essentially cheating. Sure, use them when you practice. In your mind and by walking it off, try to guess the distance to the pin. Then, check out the rangefinder to see how accurate you were. Certainly one should use today's technology to improve their distance judgment.

But apparently they've already moved beyond that...

And I have to say this, the rangefinders did help with figuring out who was *away* from the fairway and whatnot, but still, it didn't at all speed up play in my estimation. I witnessed, and endured, 5.5 hour rounds down there in South Jersey!

No comments: