Friday, March 12, 2010

Defrosting The Clubs



The weather has been mild here lately - around 50 degrees at afternoon peaks. This past week I made it to a driving range for the first time since early November. It felt so good that I returned three more times this past week - and hope to be there again this Saturday and Sunday.

I've been picking up where I left off last year: standing a bit farther from the ball, keeping the hands lower on the backswing to effectively shorten the swing, and focusing like a madman on the relationship between my left hand and the club. To the end of the exercise, I've resumed hitting a significant number of balls lefthanded. John Daly was on color TV last week; he said that he does a lot of one-handed practice - all the way down through the putter. Daly said it forces him to *follow through*

Every year I get a little better, but I'm optimistic one of these years my game is going to take a real LEAP. 2010???

No comments: