Monday, September 29, 2008

Naples Golf Trip 2008



Alright. I am back from my annual golf trip to Naples, Florida.

I played really bad at the beginning but wound up in form.

First day I shot 90 at Miramar Lakes.

Second day I shot, er stumbled, my way to an abominable 93 at Tiburon. We didn't play the course there that hosts the Merrill Lynch Shootout - we played the other one, which sucked.

On the third day I decided to monkey with my swing; results came on the back nine. Still, I carded an 88 at Hide Out, Larry Bird's club. We played an additional 12 holes there and I really figured out my game. I put up a number of great shots; a couple of birdies. There were five of us that went out for that little match - all good golfers (and me). On one particular hole (the 6th) four of our fivesome actually birdied the hole.



It was during this extra match that I figured out my swing - for the week anyway. I just had to slow it down a full two notches. It really did the trick.

On Saturday, our last round, I shot an 80 at Lely's Flamingo course. Now THAT was more like it! To top it off, we went out for an additional 12 holes after that and me and my partner took $$$ from one of the best (former amateur champ) players in the Philadelphia area. I really got into a groove; stiffing pins and dropping putts left and right.

Here's what our golf cost us: $40, $65, $43, and $40. One of our guys, a member at the Island Club, gets us the generous *reciprocal* rates. That combined with the *off season* makes this one of the cheapest golf vacations around.

My hands are blistered and cut and my whole body aches. Saturday night capped our vacation off; we *went out* around 5th Avenue in Downtown Naples and didn't get home until about 5am.

I really need this trip because there might only be a month of golf left up here in the frigid Northeast - until April!

More from this trip will be discussed on Marginalizing Morons.

1 comment:

goooooood girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.